The journey of my diagnosis, contemplation, scheduling and execution of pao

Monday, April 28, 2008

Trolley Run Weekend


What a nice weekend, a little chilly but still pleasant. We shopped all day Saturday for new tennis shoes - my old ones I've had since Daelan was born, 8 years, and I'm sure weren't helping any with hip pain when I walk on the treadmill. I got a really nice pair of men's avia (I have gigantic feet, can't wear women's shoes) with a arch support insole and so far they've been great! I also got my outfit for my sister-in-law's wedding. And I managed to walk around all day without a ton of pain. Yesterday was the trolley run down on the plaza. We didn't have to go really early and volunteer (not yet anyway, next year we will since my sister-in-law is the big woman in charge - congratulations by the way Jenni, what an accomplishment). The kids have such a great time running. Jordan was freezing but still ran her little heart out and got her ribbon. Daelan & Rowan did the long course run this year - all the way around the track - and boy were they tired, but they did it! I was so proud of them! We teased all day about how very upset I am that I'll never be able to run again - never did a lot of running in the first place, I can live (and will) the rest of my life without running. After the run we went to Suburban (probably one of the greatest nurseries of all time) to look around (I'm getting the gardening itch). The place is incredible, we got to drive around on golf carts which the kids thought was great fun! I wanted a redwood tree but since we just got three trees yesterday opted instead for 3 rose bushes (one is a gorgeous bright apricot colored rose, just beautiful), 3 phlox and 4 hardy geraniums. I also got 2 flats of impatiens because I have the perfect porch for impatiens, they do so well and I have so many pots to plant. I got a chance after we got home to get a few things in the ground and I picked a lot of weeds. My hip was about done by the time we sat down on the porch at the end of the day. And I suffered last night, I was hurting real bad. This morning I seem fine, but it's early. Haven't heard back from doc in CA, hopefully will hear something this morning! Happy Monday!

No comments: