The journey of my diagnosis, contemplation, scheduling and execution of pao

Friday, May 9, 2008

St Louis Anticipation

One week from today I'll be in St Louis for my consultation appointment. I never did hear back for the doctor in CA, oh well - she's a busy woman. I've heard nothing but good about Dr Clohisy in St Louis and I'm looking forward to meeting him and hearing what he has to say.
I had to stop walking on the treadmill a lot, I can only go about 1 or 2 times a week, more than that and my hip hurts so bad I can barely walk. I have done a LOT of gardening. We added onto the back vegetable garden so I can plant even more vegetables for Colin to take care of during my surgery/recovery. We also planted 10 trees (8 fruit, 1 weeping willow and 1 autumn purple ash), 3 rose bushes, 4 grapevines and at least 15 more perennials in the front bed. I've got an order from Bluestone Perennials on the way to finish up the back perennial bed and I still have all my impatiens to plant on the front porch. I enjoy gardening so much, it's a real stress reliever for me and it's great exercise!
My sister-in-laws wedding is coming quickly at the end of this month and I've been working really hard to help her tie up loose ends - programs, centerpieces, etc. It keeps my mind off my upcoming surgery, it's going to be such a nice wedding! Here's a picture of my mother & father in law, my sister in law and my husband under the arbor my father in law made for her wedding, it's just beautiful and he worked very hard on it.


Since just my mom and I are going to St Louis we're going to spoil ourselves a little and have pedicures and stop by Stark Brothers (where I get all my fruit trees) on the way home, I'm very excited!
This weekend is my brother's graduation, he's getting his masters and I'm so very proud of him, he's worked so hard and has been very successful. He's not only the first male on my dad's side of the family to get a degree but also the first to get his masters - Way to go!!
Well, not a lot of this has to do with my hip, I'll update again after my appointment!

No comments: